The building code and standards advisor is responsible, among other things, for the complete technical analysis of the projects entrusted to them, for rechecking both all the building plans and its functional design. They must write a report of the requirements that apply and identify any non-conformities they may find therein and prepare requests for different measures. This person must become a reference and assist in defining solutions that will respect the applicable code and standards while collaborating with the architects' concept.
• Be involved in projects from the initial design to construction phase accompanied by a multidisciplinary team;
• Work on several diversified projects (heritage, residential, commercial, industrial, education, health, etc.);
• Help find corrective solutions to respect the intentions of the code and sometimes submit requests for different measures to the competent authorities.
• Member of l’Ordre des Architectes du Québec;
• A minimum of 3 to 8 years of experience;
• Proven achievements in planning and facilitating meetings;
• Experience in customer service;
• Proven achievements in the administrative management of projects (costs, deadlines, changes, etc.);
• Good knowledge of the Quebec construction code;
• Good knowledge of Revit and other CAD/DAO/BIM/modeling software (an asset);
• Proficiency with the Office suite (Excel, MS Project);
• French spoken and written, English written and spoken, an asset.
Pour ce faire tu devras
• Check plans from architects/engineers/property managers, etc. (building classification, compartmentalization requirements, means of egress, exits, facades, etc.);
• Interpret applicable codes and standards to ensure that projects comply with the law;
• Perform inspections and compliance visits;
• Write technical reports following the verification of plans and visits;
• Propose solutions that will respect all the set parameters;
• Perform technical expertise during litigation to document or resolve conflicting situations as needed (eg in-depth analysis of notices and non-compliance reports issued by authorities or inspection bodies);
• Provide training internally on his practice and externally as needed;
• Develop and maintain a relationship of trust with his team and his clients.
On te décrit comme quelqu’un
• Is autonomous
• Is resourceful
• Is collaborative
• Is rational
• Is analytical
• Is innovative
• Is a good listener
• Is a good communicator
• A team spirit in a multidisciplinary company that improves people's lives, 100% Quebec people's lives, 100% Quebec-owned and operated;
• Useful projects developed in a company that encourages creativity, fun and excellence;
• Have the chance to evolve every day on a personal and professional level, in a company with a human dimension;
• Be encouraged to unleash your creativity in a climate where different ideas are welcomed;
• Open-mindedness to question the obvious/differences, meeting after meeting, project after project, place after place;
• Flexible conditions (being in action between 10am and 4pm) for training and mentoring;
• Being listened to, recognized, encouraged and coached;
• Meet nice people from different backgrounds with different passions, who will become colleagues, friends, your team;
• Live a rich social life where fun is definitely present (Happy Hours, wine tastings, community picnics, cultural and sports outings, Christmas and summer parties bringing together the Montreal and Quebec City teams in an enchanting location);
• Discounts from certain suppliers;
• Competitive salary and benefits (parking, computer, cell phone, public transportation, RRSP, membership to orders, etc.) .
Ce que signifie faire partie de notre famille
All of our architects work on projects of varying nature and complexity. At STGM we aim to provide opportunities that are aligned with the passions, talents and skills of each individual. Mentoring and coaching are part of our culture. We listen to what motivates you, whether you want to grow in a specific practice, develop generalist architectural skills, or consider a role that will allow you to exercise your leadership. Our work environment is one of passion, openness and ambition.
Ce que nous devons te dire
Tu as pris la décision de soumettre ta candidature ? Nous apprécions grandement, mais sache que nous ne contacterons que les personnes sélectionnées pour une entrevue.
STGM est une fière ambassadrice de l’égalité en emploi et interdit la discrimination fondée sur l’âge, les handicaps, les origines, la religion, l’orientation sexuelle ou tout autre motif protégé par les législations fédérale, provinciale et municipale. STGM s’engage à créer et à maintenir un milieu de travail accessible et inclusif. Si nous vous contactons pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin de quoi que ce soit, n’hésitez pas à nous le mentionner.